Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portaite Drawing Response

Value Portraits Art Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
The process of developing my value drawing started when I had to analyze the picture that I randomly choose. Then when analyzing I found the light and dark spots on the picture. When I put the sketch paper over the picture I drew aroudn the dark spots. When I was done it was like a puzzle so when the next step came I could easily shade in the different values. We used our pencils to color the back of the sketch drawing and then outlined it in our sketchbooks. Then we shaded in the different values to make a drawing with different values.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
We found the different values in the portrait by using windows to see the values better. We where allowed to use the windows around the classroom to see the darker values. This paticularly helped when trying to find values around the eye where values are most dark.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
No, I was not able to find the full range of different values, but I was able to achieve most of the values. This  is because a person has a lot more values than I could possibly draw. Although it was difficult I found a way of finding values. Such as putting the photo over the window and analyzing the photo before I started sketching so I could know where to look for the dark values.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
My craftmanship may not be so good,  but I did it to the best of my abilities. It is neat for the most part of my drawing because I was able to blend the values and also transfer gradually from dark to light. The only problem I had was not being able to pick up excess pencil lead sense I did not have a needed ereaser.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
One of the obstacles I had to overcome was knowing how to draw the hair with value. Before I didn't know that hair had any value and it had a shape either. So when I drew the hair I made sure I was following the picture. I also had a lot of excess pencil lead on my drawing so to deal with that I used my finger to spread the darker values over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment